What the ACCC does
- We assess and enforce terms of access to the NBN in a special access undertaking (SAU) from NBN Co.
- We enforce Telstra’s structural separation undertaking (SSU) and the plan to migrate Telstra’s customers to the NBN.
- We set wholesale prices and wholesale terms of access for declared services.
- We track and report on prices and competition in the communications sector.
- We investigate claims of anti-competitive conduct in the communications sector.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t licence operators in communication services. The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) does this.
- We don’t set retail prices for mobiles, internet or communications.
- We don’t resolve individual disputes about mobile phone and internet services. The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman does this.