What the ACCC does
- We enforce compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 across the agriculture sector, which includes the industry codes.
- We conduct random compliance checks under these codes and investigate alleged breaches.
- We can take court action to seek a financial penalty for a breach, or issue an infringement notice.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t provide legal advice.
- We don’t get involved in individual disputes.
- We don’t regulate prices in the sugar, dairy, horticulture or wheat industries.