What the ACCC does
- We regulate the interstate and Hunter Valley rail networks through an access undertaking.
- We track the prices, costs and profits of container stevedores in Australia and report to the Minister each year.
- We monitor port terminal service providers’ compliance with the wheat port code. We can also exempt port terminal service providers from having to comply with certain parts of the code.
- We produce monitoring reports that analyse bulk grain exports and examine industry matters.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t set the prices or provide access to the rail network.
- We don’t set technical standards for the rail industry.
- We don’t direct the Australian Rail Track Corporation.
- We don’t regulate prices in the container freight industry.
- We don’t regulate the entire bulk grain export supply chain. The wheat port code is focused on port access only.