What the ACCC does
- We educate consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities under the consumer guarantees.
- We accept reports where people consider a business is doing something it shouldn’t do. We use those reports to inform our education, compliance and enforcement work.
- We can investigate, and may take some form of compliance or enforcement action if a business misleads consumers or other businesses about their rights.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t resolve individual disputes between consumers and businesses, or between businesses.
- We don’t provide legal advice about what consumers are entitled to, or what businesses need to do in a particular situation.
- We don't deal with stopping telemarketing calls. Register your number with the Do Not Call Register provided by the Australian Media and Communications Authority, or call 1300 792 958.