What the ACCC does
- We accept and record reports of information about business practices and behaviours that concern you.
- We respond to reports when we have information that may help you, or you have asked a question about your rights or obligations under the law.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t resolve individual complaints or provide legal advice on your rights and obligations under the law.
- We don’t make formal decisions on whether a person or business has breached the law as only the courts can do this.
- We generally don’t comment on our investigations or what action we may take from the information provided in reports we receive.