Your local state and territory consumer protection agency (sometimes called 'consumer affairs') can provide you with information about your rights and options. They may also be able to help negotiate a resolution between you and the seller.
- Access Canberra
- NSW Fair Trading
- NT Consumer Affairs
- Office of Fair Trading Queensland
- SA Office of Consumer and Business Services (CBS)
- Tasmanian Consumer Affairs & Fair Trading
- Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV)
- WA Department of Commerce
International consumer protection
The International Consumer Protection and Enforcement Network (ICPEN) runs a website that allows you to file complaints related to cross-border transactions and to learn about ways to resolve disputes with foreign traders.