On this page
How the committee works
Committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by ACCC Deputy Chair, Mick Keogh.
Members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and industries within the agriculture sector including peak bodies, industry associations, and industry advisors. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion and members typically hold office for 2 years.
The ACCC does not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues and processes affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Act
- emerging issues or market developments of concern to the agriculture sector
- information dissemination strategies and appropriate networks available to enhance communication with the agriculture sector
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
- Australian Chicken Meat Federation
- Australian Dairy Farmers
- Australian Dairy Products Federation
- Australian Grape and Wine
- Australian Honey Bee Industry Council
- Australian Organic Limited
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Seed Federation
- Australian Sugar Milling Council
- Cotton Australia
- CropLife Australia
- Fresh Markets Australia
- Fruit Growers Victoria
- Grain Producers Australia
- Grain Trade Australia
- National Farmers Federation
- National Irrigators' Council
- NSW Farmers
- Primary Producers SA
- Queensland Farmers Federation
- Tasmanian Farmers and Graziers Association