The Agriculture Consultative Committee was established by the ACCC to provide advice and information on issues affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the Act), and to provide a forum where competition and consumer law concerns related to the agriculture sector can be considered and addressed collaboratively.
The committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by ACCC Commissioner, Mick Keogh.
Members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and industries within the agriculture sector including peak bodies, industry associations, and industry advisors. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion and members typically hold office for a period of two years.
We do not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues and processes affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Act
- emerging issues or market developments of concern to the agriculture sector
- information dissemination strategies and appropriate networks available to enhance communication with the agriculture sector, and
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
- Mr Tony Battaglene - Winemakers' Federation of Australia
- Mr Matthew Waring - NSW Farmers' Association
- Ms Tania Chapman - Voice of Horticulture
- Mr John Dunn - Egg Farmers Australia
- Mr Shane Gale - Grain Producers Australia
- Mr Adrian Goonan - Warakirri Asset Management
- Mr Patrick Hutchinson - Australian Meat Industry Council
- Mr Adam Kay - Cotton Australia
- Ms Shalini Valecha - Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Mr Robert Kestel - West Australian Broiler Growers Association & Free Range Egg and Poultry Australia Limited
- Dr Vivien Kite - Australian Chicken Meat Federation
- Mr David Thomson - Growcom
- Mr Warren Males - Canegrowers
- Mr David McKeon - Grain Growers Limited
- Mr Pat O’Shannassy - Grain Trade Australia
- Mr Stephen Crisp - Sheep Producers Australia
- Mr David Pietsch - Australian Sugar Milling Council
- Mr Trevor Ranford - Primary Producers South Australia
- Mr Andrew Robertson - Australian Pork Limited
- Mr Ben Rose - Australian Vignernons
- Ms Fiona Simson - National Farmers’ Federation
- Mr Mike Stone - Murray Valley Winegrowers Inc.
- Mr Steve Whan - National Irrigators’ Council
- Mr James Whiteside - Ausveg
- Mr Brad Williams - Crop Life Australia
- Mr Tony York - WA Farmers