The Agriculture Consultative Committee (AgCC) was established by the ACCC to provide advice and information on issues affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the Act), and to provide a forum where competition and consumer law concerns related to the agriculture sector can be considered and addressed collaboratively.
The committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by ACCC Deputy Chair, Mick Keogh.
Members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and industries within the agriculture sector including peak bodies, industry associations, and industry advisors. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion and members typically hold office for a period of two years.
We do not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues and processes affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Act
- emerging issues or market developments of concern to the agriculture sector
- information dissemination strategies and appropriate networks available to enhance communication with the agriculture sector, and
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
- Australian Chicken Meat Federation Inc.
- Australian Dairy Farmers
- Australian Dairy Products Federation
- Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Australian Grape and Wine Incorporated
- Australian Organic Ltd
- Australian Pork Limited
- Australian Seed Federation
- Cotton Australia
- CropLife Australia
- Dairy Connect
- Grain Producers Australia
- Grain Trade Australia Ltd
- Murray Valley Winegrowers Inc.
- National Farmers Federation
- National Irrigators Council
- NSW Farmers
- Primary Producers South Australia
- Victorian Farmers' Markets Association
- WoolProducers Australia