The Agriculture Consultative Committee (AgCC) was established by the ACCC to provide advice and information on issues affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (the Act), and to provide a forum where competition and consumer law concerns related to the agriculture sector can be considered and addressed collaboratively.
The committee meetings are held twice a year, and are chaired by ACCC Deputy Chair, Mick Keogh.
Members are drawn from a range of backgrounds and industries within the agriculture sector including peak bodies, industry associations, and industry advisors. Appointment to the committee is at our discretion and members typically hold office for a period of two years.
We do not pay sitting fees or reimburse travel costs for participation, members must meet their own expenses.
Members are expected to provide input at meetings on:
- issues and processes affecting the agriculture sector that fall within the scope of the Act
- emerging issues or market developments of concern to the agriculture sector
- information dissemination strategies and appropriate networks available to enhance communication with the agriculture sector, and
- other issues as requested by the ACCC.
- Australian Chicken Meat Federation Inc. - Dr Vivien Kite
- Australian Food and Grocery Council - Ms Shalini Valecha
- Australian Grape and Wine Incorporated - Mr Lee McLean
- Australian Organic Ltd - Ms Niki Ford
- Australian Pork Limited - Ms Margo Andrae
- Australian Seed Federation - Mr Osman Mewett
- Ausveg - Mr Tyson Cattle
- Canegrowers - Mr Warren Males
- Cotton Australia - Mr Adam Kay
- CropLife Australia - Ms Angela Frank
- Freshmark - Mr James Kellaway
- GrainGrowers - Mr David McKeon
- Grain Producers Australia - Mr Shane Gale
- Grain Trade Australia Ltd - Mr Pat OShannassy
- Growcom - Mr Richard Shannon
- Murray Valley Winegrowers Inc. - Mr Paul Derrico
- National Farmers Federation - Mr Tony Mahar
- National Irrigators Council - Mr Steve Whan
- NSW Farmers - Ms Annabel Johnson
- Primary Producers South Australia - Mr Trevor Ranford
- Victorian Farmers' Markets Association - Ms Kate Archdeacon
- WoolProducers Australia - Ms Jo Hall
- WAFarmers - Mr Trevor Whittington