Held every winter, this conference brings together industry participants, policy makers, academics and regulators from around the world to hear and discuss the latest ideas about the theory and practice of regulation.
The 2019 ACCC & AER regulatory conference will be held on Thursday 1st August and the morning of Friday 2nd August at the Sofitel Brisbane Central, 249 Turbot Street, Brisbane.
The theme of the 2019 conference is: Economic regulation in Australia: Still fit for purpose?
Speakers at the conference
- Amparo Nieto, Senior Vice President, Economists Incorporated
- Frank Wolak, Holbrook Working Professor of Commodity Price Studies in the Department of Economics at Stanford University
- Paul Reynolds, Senior Vice President, Compass Lexecon
- Cynthia Chaplin, consultant energy and regulation and Executive Director CAMPUT
- Clare Savage, Deputy Chair, Energy Security Board
- Scott Wilson, Principal Consultant, D’Artagnan Consulting
- Peter Kell, former deputy chair of ASIC
- Jeff Balchin, Managing Director, Incenta Economic Consulting
- Antonio Capobianco, Senior Competition Expert at OECD
- The top three most important issues for economic regulation in the next five years
- Is 5G a threat to the NBN?
- Gas Pipelines: Have we got the regulatory balance right?
- Electricity market reform: What still needs to be done?
- Road reform, pricing and regulation
- Is the legal framework for market studies in Australia fit for purpose?
- What can regulated sectors learn from the Royal Commission into Financial Services?
Registration for the conference is now open. The cost to attend the conference is $1500 per delegate, or $1400 per delegate for 3 or more people from the same organisation.
To register, please see: 2019 ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference registration
A full refund is available for cancellations notified no later than COB Friday 19 July. After that date, organisations are able to substitute another delegate in place of the person registered for the conference. Please send details of any cancellations or change of delegate to Regulatory.Conference@accc.gov.au.
Please note that registration does not include accommodation.
Sofitel Brisbane Central is offering a discounted room only rate at $275.00 per night per Superior room OR room & breakfast rate at $305.00 per night per Superior room including buffet breakfast for one guest. Bookings can be made directly via Accorhotels.com for room only rate and for room & breakfast rate. Alternatively by calling Sofitel Brisbane Central Reservations Team on 07 3835 4444 (please let your Reservations Representative know the Conference Name and booking code AER310719). Rates are subject to availability at the time of booking and the discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. 30 days cancelation policy applies to all reservations. Any bookings cancelled within 30 days prior to arrival will incur a charge equivalent to cancelled nights.
There are also numerous other accommodation options within a 10 minute walk of the Sofitel Brisbane Central.
Updates about the conference will be sent to the ACCC’s Regulatory Community email group. If you would like to be added to the group please email RegulatoryCommunity@accc.gov.au.
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2017
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2016
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2015
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2014
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2013
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2012
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2011
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2010
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2009
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2008
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2007
- ACCC/AER Regulatory Conference 2006
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2005
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2004
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2003
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2002
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 2001
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 1999
- ACCC Regulatory Conference 1998