- Allied Plant Services Pty Ltd
SummaryBIS - acquisition of Allied Plant Services.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered BIS' acquisition of Allied Plant Services in the context of the national market for the provision of logistics and equipment hire to mining and industrial customers.
Competition analysisIn reaching its conclusion not to oppose BIS' acquisition of Allied Plant Services, the ACCC took into account, amongst other factors:
- the small increase in market concentration as a result of the acquisition;
- relatively low barriers to entry, especially for companies operating in related industries;
- a number of alternative suppliers of logistics and equipment hire to BIS and Allied Plant Services; and
- customers of BIS and Allied Plant Services continue to possess countervailing power post-acquisition.
|26/04/2007||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|03/05/2007||Closing date for submissions from interested parties|
|09/05/2007||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition|