- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
The Sunshine Coast Regional Council (Council), the owner and developer of the Maroochydore City Centre pursuant the Maroochydore City Centre Infrastructure Agreement 2017 (IA), has elected to establish an Automated Waste Collection System (AWCS) and is proposing that landowners and/or developers in the Maroochydore City Centre are to develop private land in accordance with the IA. The IA relevantly provides an obligation for the landowner and/or developer to establish and provide Private Pneumatic Waste Infrastructure (Private PWI) in accordance with the conditions of the IA, which imposes the following obligations on the landowner and/or developer:
- Detailed design and specification of their Private PWI being signed off by a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland who has been identified by Council in a Notice as an Approved Contractor
- Detailed design and specification of their Private PWI being reviewed by Envac Co., Ltd (Envac) and receiving a Notice to certify the detailed design and specification is in compliance with the Standards and compatible with the Public Pneumatic Waste Infrastructure
- Where required, using Envac proprietary products for the construction of their Private PWI
- Their Private PWI being operated, maintained and repaired in accordance with Envac specifications and requirements
- Their Private PWI being constructed, repaired and maintained by an Approved Contractor.
The Council propose that it will not operate Private PWI that is not constructed and installed in accordance with the IA and as such has not been issued with a satisfaction notice.
|Attachment B - Prescribed Waste Infrastructure Standards ( PDF 6.47 MB )||13 May 2019|
|Attachment A - Maroochydore City Centre Infrastructure Agreement 2017 ( PDF 100.96 MB )||13 May 2019|
|Notification Received ( PDF 176.12 KB )||13 May 2019|