What the ACCC does
- We regulate the Franchising Code of Conduct and provide guidance about the code.
- We take action for breaches of competition and consumer law where it serves the public interest.
- We offer a free course Is franchising for me? to help people thinking about buying a franchise understand if franchising is for them.
What the ACCC can't do
- We don’t give legal advice.
- We don’t resolve individual franchising disputes.
- We don’t take enforcement action in response to every report we receive.