The information and publications available on our site are broad guides to aspects of legislation and the work of the ACCC. They are solely intended to provide a general understanding of the subject matter and to help you assess whether you need more detailed information.
The material on this site is not and should not be regarded as legal advice. Users should seek their own legal advice where appropriate. Every effort is made to ensure that the material is accurate and up to date. However, we do not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or currency of the information provided.
We encourage the distribution and exchange of information provided on our website. The Commonwealth owns the copyright in all material produced by our staff. All material presented on this website is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia, with the exception of:
- the Commonwealth Coat of Arms
- the ACCC and AER logos
- content supplied by third parties
- material where it is expressly stated otherwise.
The details of the relevant licence conditions are available on the Creative Commons website, as is the full legal code for the CC BY 3.0 AU licence.
Wherever a third party holds copyright in material presented on this website, the copyright remains with that party. Their permission may be required to use the material.
The ACCC has made all reasonable efforts to:
- clearly label material where the copyright is owned by a third party
- ensure that the copyright owner has consented to this material being presented on this website.
Material obtained from this website is to be attributed to the ACCC as: © Commonwealth of Australia.
Requests and enquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be directed to the:
Director Corporate Communications
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
GPO Box 3131
CANBERRA ACT 2601
or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to re-publish or otherwise use the information in this publication, please check the information for currency and accuracy with us prior to publication. This should be done prior to each publication edition, as ACCC guidance and relevant transitional legislation frequently change.
We are happy for you to link to pages on our websites, but please observe the following conditions:
- Links must be presented in a way which fairly represents our role and our site(s).
- The context in which you insert the link must not give your visitors the impression that your site, or your company, is sponsored or endorsed by us.
- The context of the link must not suggest that we have created any of your content i.e. the source of the material must be clear.