Company or individual details
- Ezibuy Limited (New Zealand)
Ezibuy Ltd, a retailer of clothing and homewares in Australia and New Zealand, has admitted to incorrectly labelling and advertising an acrylic Throw and a cotton/polyester Shawl in respect of the fibre content.
Ezibuy represented the Throws as mohair throws when the Throws were not composed entirely of mohair. Ezibuy also represented the Shawls as pashmina shawls when the Shawls had no pashmina content.
Ezibuy has provided a court enforceable undertaking to the ACCC that:
- all future advertising for all of its product range will accurately describe the composition, quality or standard of the product range;
- it has placed corrective advertising on its websites and in its catalogues;
- it has offered refunds to customers;
- and that it has implemented a trade practices corporate compliance program for Ezibuy employees.