Senior ACCC staff are frequently invited to speak at national and international events. All speaking invitations are considered with regard to the relevance of the topic and the audience.
Please do not send invitations directly to the invitee, instead they should be sent to email@example.com
The more you tell us about the event, the more likely it is we can find the right person to speak to your audience. Try to include the following details in your invitation:
- proposed speaker
- proposed date and time
- location (city and venue address)
- event subject
- length and type of address (e.g. 30-minute formal speaking event)
- proposed topic to be covered by the ACCC
- other invited or confirmed speakers
- expected audience (e.g. legal fraternity, small business).
Senior executives and Commissioners are expected to attend Commission meetings in Canberra on Wednesdays between 9am and noon. It is unlikely a speaking event will be accepted if it is scheduled during that time.
There are also a number of other regular commitments which demand time of Commissioners and senior staff, so the more notice you give us, the better the chance we have of being able to meet your request.
Our cost-recovery policy generally doesn’t apply to not-for-profit events and industry hosted conferences, however, we may ask for two free passes for our staff to attend for learning and development purposes.
We do not charge for boardroom luncheon events, but hosts generally offer to make a contribution towards the ACCC’s costs such as airfares (if required).
We usually seek to recover costs for speaking at events created by commercial event organisers as profit-making exercises.
Below are the terms of our cost-recovery policy:
- return business class airfare (if required). This is for Commissioners and all senior staff. For non-senior staff a return economy class airfare is suitable.
- accommodation (if required).
- two free conference passes for our staff.
- in circumstances where significant preparation or commitment is required, we may negotiate a speaker’s fee with the conference organiser.
If you have an event you would like an ACCC staff member to speak at, please send your invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org