The ACCC has released a number of guides to assist irrigators, infrastructure operators and governments in the Murray-Darling Basin to understand the requirements of the water market rules and the water charge rules.
The guides are specifically targeted to assist:
- irrigators to understand how they can manage their water rights
- infrastructure operators to comply with the requirements of the water charge rules and water market rules, and
- governments disclosing the charges they determine.
Note: these guides were developed to assist you to understand your general rights and obligations under the rules and do not constitute legal advice.
The two guides below provide information to assist irrigators to understand the process of transforming, terminating and selling your water entitlement under the Water market rules and Water charge (termination fees) rules.
- Permanently selling your water & terminating your delivery right
- Transforming your irrigation right & maintaining water delivery
The ACCC has prepared the following guides to assist water infrastructure operators to understand the compliance requirements of the water market rules and water charge rules.
- A guide to the Water market rules & water delivery contracts
- A guide to Water charge (termination fees) rules
- Guidelines on transformation application fees
- Guidelines on goods and services tax and termination fees
- Guidelines on the treatment of bulk water charges
- Guidelines on amendments to Water market rules & Water charge (termination fees) rules
- A guide to the Water charge (infrastructure) rules - publishing & non-discriminatory charging requirements
- A guide to the Water charge (infrastructure) rules - distribution triggered price approvals or determinations - Part 7 rules
- A guide to the Water charge (infrastructure) rules - Tier 2 requirements
- A guide to the Water charge (infrastructure) rules - pricing application for Part 6 operators
- Pricing principles for price approvals & determinations under the Water charge (infrastructure) rules
- ACCC enforcement guide to water rules
This guide provides information for departments and authorities responsible for publishing water planning and management information on how such information can be published to comply with the rules.