Country of origin food labelling
A guide to assist businesses to comply with the Country of Origin Food Labelling Information Standard 2016. This guide is current as of 24 April 2017 and:
- will help businesses to identify whether they need to comply with the Standard
- sets out the labelling requirements for priority and non-priority foods
- explains how businesses must work out the percentage, by weight, of Australian ingredients in a food
- outlines the basic principles for how labels should look on food products
- outlines the ACL’s requirements regarding making clear and accurate origin claims.