Appendix 13: Significant authorisation and notification decisions in 2016–17
In 2016−17, the ACCC issued 27decisions (excluding minor variations). Copies of all authorisation decisions for 2016−17 were published on the ACCC website at www.accc.gov.au/publicregister.
Notable authorisations granted
- Infant Nutrition Council Limited—Revocation and Substitution—A91506 and A91507
Notable authorisations denied
- Council Solutions & Ors—Authorisation—A91520
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank & Ors—Authorisation—A91546 and A91547
- British American Tobacco Australia Limited & Ors—Authorisation—A91550
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd & Ors—Authorisation—A91556 and A91557
Collective bargaining notifications
In 2016−17, the ACCC granted authorisation for 13 collective bargaining arrangements.
In 2016−17, one collective bargaining notifications were also allowed to stand.
Copies of all collective bargaining authorisations and notifications are available from the ACCC’s website at www.accc.gov.au/publicregister.
Notable collective bargaining decisions:
- Queensland Cane Growers Organisation Ltd—Authorisation—A91558
- Murray Billing Transport & Ors—Authorisation—A91571 and A91572
- CAUDIT—Collective Bargaining Notifications—CB00328-CB00402 and CB00404-CB00431
Exclusive dealing notifications
In 2016−17, the ACCC assessed 536 exclusive dealing notifications involving 407 separate matters. Copies of all notifications are available from the ACCC’s website at www.accc.gov.au/publicregister. Notable examples are listed below.
- Port of Townsville Limited & Far North Queensland Ports Corporation Limited—Notifications—N99117 and N99118
- EFTPOS Payments Australia Limited—Notification—N99571