Company or individual details
- Video Ezy Australasia Pty Ltd073 076 294
Video Ezy proposed a variation to the section 87B undertaking (undertaking) accepted by the ACCC on 18 September 2007 in relation to Video Ezy’s acquisition of the Blockbuster business in Australia.
Broadly, the variation:
- allows Video Ezy to introduce and offer a new point-of-sale system (POS) to the Blockbuster network of franchisees
- provides that the Video Ezy and Blockbuster POS systems will operate on separately operated and located servers
- provides for the separation of the marketing teams for Video Ezy and Blockbuster networks with regard to the separate POS systems
- prohibits confidential POS system information from being shared between the networks
- provides that franchisees are not obliged to use centralised pricing and can override such pricing
- provides that compliance training will include the obligations relating to confidential information and confidential POS system information, in particular for information technology personnel.
|27 June 2012||Video Ezy Australasia Pty Ltd - variation - s.87B undertaking||variation of 1 September 2008 variation|
|1 September 2008||Video Ezy Australasia Pty Ltd - variation - s.87B undertaking||variation of original|
|18 September 2007||Video Ezy Australasia Pty Ltd - s.87B undertaking||original|