ss. 52, 53(e) & 53(f)
Company or individual details
- Tony Amodio "Accounting for GST"
Mr Tony Amodio, the principal of Accounting for GST, a registered GST Startup Assistance Provider, provided undertakings that he and his agents would not to make representations in the future that:
- Accounting for GST has any sponsorship, approval of affiliation with the GST Startup; Assistance Office, or the ATO beyond that it is a registered supplier under the GST legislation;
- Accounting for GST's registration services and workshops are provided free of charge unless this is correct;
- an ABN is required for the purposes of the GST legislation for anything other than creating an entitlement to claim input tax credits within the terms of the GST legislation; and
- persons or entities who make use of Accounting for GST's services are required to attend any seminars in relation to Registration Services
Mr Amodio also undertook to:
- send letters by 7 July 2000 to all customers who have paid for registration services or places at GST Workshops to offer them a full refund where they have been misled by statements made by representatives of Accounting for GST. Accounting for GST customers have until 31 August 2000 to respond to these letters;
- place corrective advertisements at his own expense in local newspapers in the areas where Accounting for GST's marketing activities were concentrated, namely Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast and northern NSW; and
- implement a trade practices compliance program.