Company or individual details
- TMG Asia Pacific Pty Ltd119 828 698
- The Mobile Generation I BV
The Mobile Generation I BV, a Dutch based company and its related Australian based company, TMG Asia Pacific Pty Ltd, have provided an undertaking to address the ACCC's concerns regarding their promotion via an internet pop-up of a Wixawin mobile premium subscription quiz service.
- The ACCC’s main concerns were:
- the use of the Woolworths logo in the promotion;
- that the promotion did not make it clear that residents of the ACT, Victoria and Queensland were ineligible for any prizes, but would still incur charges for participating; and
- that the other relevant terms and conditions, including cost, were provided as fine print disclaimers.
TMG I BV and TMG Asia Pacific Pty Ltd have agreed as part of their undertaking to communicate clearly in any future promotions:
- who is eligible to enter the competition;
- the nature of the services provided;
- who the services are being promoted by; and
- the terms and conditions (including as to price) to which consumer's agree when they acquire the services.
As part of providing court orders by consent as a result of a separate investigation for its TV ads, TMG Asia Pacific will be implementing a trade practices compliance program.