Company or individual details
- Uniden Australia Pty Ltd001 865 498
Uniden Australia Pty Ltd has offered Court enforceable Undertakings to the ACCC requiring it to cease representations that its Atlantis 250 VHF marine handheld two-way radio is waterproof given the standard Uniden used to support its claim only referred to the classification of 'splash-proof'.
Uniden has also undertaken to do the following:
- replace all marine radio packaging containing the term 'waterproof' with revised packaging containing the term 'splash-proof';
- write to all Uniden retailers / wholesalers and service agents advising of the ACCC's concerns, the packaging changes and the additional rights available to consumers who have the option of obtaining a full refund, replacement or repair;
- extend its warranty protection to cover for water damage in relation to marine radios represented as being 'waterproof';
- publish a public disclosure notice on the Uniden website; and
- establish a trade practices compliance program.