Company or individual details
- Uncle Tobys Foods Pty Limited004 211 812
Uncle Tobys Foods Pty Ltd provided a section 87B undertaking to the ACCC in relation to representations made in the marketing of its Roll-Ups products.
The ACCC had concerns that representations were made on the packaging and in a television advertisement for Roll-Ups were false or misleading and may breach sections 52, 53(a) and 55 of the TPA.
Uncle Tobys has undertaken to the ACCC that in the future it will not:
- represent that Roll-Ups (as currently composed) are 'Made with 65% real fruit';
- list on the ingredients panel that a Roll-Up (as currently composed) is equivalent to a specified percentage of fresh fruit;
- run the advertisement which shows images of an apple being flattened into a Roll-Up (the Roll-Ups Reels Fruit Shrink advertisement); and
- make representations that Roll-Ups are made by converting a piece of fruit into a strip with minimal processing or without further processing or other ingredients added.
Uncle Tobys has also undertaken to the ACCC that it will:
- publish an article for the food industry on the importance of accurate advertising; and
- review and implement recommended changes to its trade practices compliance program in relation to Roll-Ups.