Company or individual details
- M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd trading as David Lawrence, Jigsaw and Marcs003 766 925
From at least 1 August 2008 to 29 July 2010 M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd trading as David Lawrence, Jigsaw and Marcs displayed refund policies on receipts and signs which stated the stores would not offer an exchange, refund or credit on sale goods.
In response to the ACCC's concerns M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd have paid penalties in the amount of $19,800 in respect of three Infringement Notices issued by the ACCC under section 87ZE of the Act for contraventions of section 53(g) and offered an undertaking pursuant to section 87B of the Act.
The ACCC has accepted court enforceable undertakings from M Webster Holdings Pty Ltd that it:
- will not make false or misleading representations regarding the existence, exclusion or effect of any warranty, right or remedy;
- will ensure that all refund statements made by it and each of its stores complies with the Act;
- will display corrective notices on its website for at least 28 days;
- will send a corrective notice by email to members of each brand's loyalty program; and
- will implement a Trade Practices Compliance Program.