Company or individual details
- Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd057 931 334
The ACCC made enquiries into a complaint concerning a promotion by Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd, operator of the Fly Buys loyalty program. The promotion ran from 15 May 2000 to 31 July 2000 inclusive and involved the award of 2000 bonus Fly Buys points to targeted Fly Buys members who made purchases of $100 or more from Shell/Best Western outlets.
The ACCC was concerned that the promotion was at risk of contravening section 52 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 as it was not clear that expenditure was required at both Shell and Best Western to qualify for the award of the bonus points. Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd acknowledged the wording of the promotion might have been ambiguous.
Loyalty Pacific Pty Ltd has undertaken:
- not to engage in misleading or deceptive conduct in relation to its Fly Buys customer loyalty program;
- to credit with the bonus points the class of identified and accepted claims of Fly Buys members;
- to place a notice in its Fly Buys newsletter in relation to the matter;
- to implement a trade practices corporate compliance program;
- to review its complaints handling system; and
- to have the same independently audited.