Company or individual details
- KMP Pty Ltd trading as Inski003 287 465
The Commission received a complaint about dual ticketing being displayed in an Inski store prior to 1 June 2000. The Commission's Price Exploitation Guidelines provide that dual ticketing was not to be used by a business prior to 1 June 2000.
The Commission regards the practice of KMP Pty Ltd, trading as Inski, displaying dual ticketing prior to 1 June 2000 to be misleading or deceptive and in breach of sections 52 and 53(e) of the Trade Practices Act 1974.
KMP undertakes to do the following:
- remove all dual tickets displayed prior to 1 June 2000 by an agreed date;
- write to customers it can identify as purchasing goods from Inski stores during the period that the dual tickets were displayed and offer a refund to customers who believe they were misled by the dual ticketing;
- forward the proposed letter to customers referred to in undertaking 2, to the Commission for approval prior to it being sent to customer; and
- within two months of the commencement of the undertaking, develop a trade practices compliance program, to be approved by the Commission.