Company or individual details
- Graeme Angus Ingles
- Ingles Group (Qld) Pty Ltd094 026 507
The Ingles Group is a property developer located on the Gold Coast with a number of developments, including a housing estate known as the Tee Trees Residential Golf Community (the Estate). A major feature of the Estate, in promotional and marketing material, was that it was to include a golf course. Purchasers experienced significant delay in the commencement of the construction of the golf course, and complained that Ingles Group had misled them that they had obtained Gold Coast City Council (Council) approval for the golf course. (The golf course is not yet complete, but is presently being constructed by the Ingles Group.)
By a letter dated 28 May 2003, the Ingles Group and Mr Ingles made representations to residents and potential purchasers as to the status of the Council approval and otherwise to the progress of the construction of the golf course. The Ingles Group has admitted that these representations were misleading or deceptive, or likely to mislead. Mr Ingles, the sole director of the Ingles Group, has also admitted to being knowingly concerned in the conduct.
The Ingles Group has undertaken to the ACCC that it will:
- place corrective notices in the Gold Coast Bulletin newspaper;
- place corrective notices on its websites;
- on a quarterly basis, place a notice on its websites advising of the progress of the construction of the golf course;
- on a quarterly basis, mail out a notice to residents of the estate advising of the progress of the construction of the golf course; and
- establish, implement and maintain a Trade Practices Compliance Program for 5 years, to minimise the risk of future breaches of Part V of the TPA.