Company or individual details
- Ecom Computer Australia Pty Ltd091 628 214
Ecom Computers published a newspaper advertisement in the Icon section of the SMH on 27 May 2000 which stated that customers could "Beat the GST" in relation to computer packages. The Commission was concerned that the representations may have misled customers into buying computer packages on the belief that the price of computer packages would rise following the introduction of the GST.
Ecom Computers has provided court enforceable undertakings to the Commission:
- not to make future representations about the prices of computer packages without explaining the reasonable basis for making such representations;
- to provide refunds to consumers who may have been misled by its representations;
- to run a corrective advertisement; and
- to implement a trade practices compliance program.