Company or individual details
- Chubb Security Australia Pty Ltd003 605 098
False or misleading representations in relation to mobile security services.
- provide refunds or credits to most customers who had been, or were, with Chubb for more than three months at any time in the last three years;
- send letters of apology to all affected consumers;
- place public notices in national newspapers and in a security industry magazine; introduce a management control program, to carefully monitor patrol services each year, for three years;
- implement a code of ethics for the administration of patrol services;
- pay for a Commission officer to address the next two conferences of ASIAL, the security industry’s association; and
- lobby for Australian Standard AS4421 to be amended to require all security firms to run trade practices compliance programs, and to ensure accuracy of all representations about levels of service.