Company or individual details
- Cable & Wireless Optus Limited052 833 208
- Optus Networks Pty Limited008 570 330
Optus advertised two unlimited call plans in March and May 2000. As at 27 July 2000 over 20,000 people had joined the plans. In early May, Optus introduced the 'Optus Local Fair Go Policy' (the Policy). This Policy attempted to limit the number of local calls a customer could make whilst on the Plans to under 500 calls per month.
The undertaking provides, amongst other things, that Optus will:
- not apply any limit on the number of local calls that are made by customers whilst on the Plans;
- inform all customer service personnel and sales channel staff that the Policy has been terminated;
- review the accounts of all customers on the Plans and in the event that any customer has in fact paid in excess of the Plan's flat fee, those customers will be reimbursed by way of a credit to their account;
- ensure that all customers on the Plans are advised that they are able to continue on the Plan until 31 October 2001;
- convene a specific customer support team responsible for the resolution of complaints from customers on the Plans; and
- review its Trade Practices Compliance Program and provide the Commission with a report of the findings of the review.