Company or individual details
- Autobarn Pty Ltd050 195 036
Autobarn is primarily a retailer of automotive tools, machinery and equipment nationwide.
Between 8 and 24 December 2007, Autobarn retailed the AL6000 Lite personal digital breathalyser in its stores nationally.
The packaging of the AL6000 Lite represented that the product met an Australian Standard for personal alcohol testing devices, when it did not.
Autobarn has admitted that the representation was misleading or deceptive, or likely to mislead or deceive.
Autobarn has undertaken to the ACCC that it will:
- Cease to engage in similar conduct in the future;
- Publish corrective notices in national newspapers and in-store;
- Provide refunds to customers in certain circumstances;
- Establish, implement and maintain a Trade Practices Compliance Program for 3 years, to minimise the risk of future breaches of the TPA.