Company or individual details
- Australian Disc Brakes Pty Ltd000 583 344
- Ampco Automotive Pty Ltd003 095 467
Ampco Automotive Pty Ltd and Australian Disc Brakes Pty Ltd are responsible for the manufacture and distribution of disc brake pads.
The Commission expressed concern that the packaging used by Ampco and ADB gave consumers the impression that the brake pads sold by Ampco and ADB were Australian Made. However some of the brake pads sold in this packaging were imported.
The Commission was concerned that the packaging could therefore contravene sections 52 and 53(eb) of the Trade Practices Act.
- Ampco and ADB have agreed to provide the Commission with a s87B Undertaking stating that it will:
- alter their packaging to accurately reflect the country of origin of the brake pads;
- not make misleading representations about the country of origin of the brake pads;
- send a corrective notice to all clients of Ampco or ADB for the previous three years;
- offer to pay refunds to all clients for the past three years; and
- implement a Trade Practices Act Compliance Program