Company or individual details
- Australian Association of Agricultural Consultants (WA) Inc
Between 1989 and 2002, the Australian Association of Agricultural Consultants (WA) Inc required its members not to offer to perform agricultural consulting services for fees less than those recommended by the Association. Members who did not comply with this requirement could be reprimanded, fined or disqualified from membership.
The Association has admitted that in agreeing to and publishing a scale of fees, and seeking to prevent members from charging for consulting services at rates less than those published in the scale of fees, contravened the provisions of the TPA prohibiting price-fixing.
This undertaking provides that the Association:
- will not engage in similar conduct in the future;
- will advise its members of the result of the ACCC’s investigation;
- will conclude its review of relevant instruments (including the Association’s Constitution and Code of Ethics); and
- will provide its members and the ACCC with a copy of the revised instruments.