Company or individual details
- AC McGrath & Co. Pty Ltd000 132 427
AC McGrath & Co. advertised in The Daily Telegraph on May 20th 2000 that consumers should buy new Subaru motor vehicles now to beat the July price rises.
The Commission was concerned that these advertisements may have led consumers to believe that prices of new Subaru motor vehicles would rise with the introduction of the GST.
AC McGrath agreed to:
- immediately cease publication of the relevant advertisement;
- offer full refunds or right of recision to all purchasers of Subaru motor vehicles from AC McGrath who may have been misled by the advertisement;
- run a corrective advertisement in The Daily Telegraph; and
- implement a Trade Practices Compliance Program.