TPG Telecom Limited (TPG) - proposed merger with Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Ltd (VHA)


  • TPG Telecom Limited (TPG)


  • Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Ltd (VHA)


TPG and VHA are proposing to merge their businesses. Under the proposed merger, TPG shareholders will own 49.9% of the new merged business with VHA shareholders owning the remaining 50.1%.

Separately, TPG and VHA have also entered into a joint venture agreement (JV). The ACCC is investigating the JV to see if it raises competition concerns under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.

Market inquiries

Submissions are invited from interested parties regarding the proposed merger.

The closing date for submissions is 10 October 2018. Submissions should be forwarded electronically (preferably in PDF format) to with the title "Submission re: TPG-VHA".

Following 10 October 2018, queries regarding the ACCC's review may be addressed to Morgan Woodland/Rachel Goldfeld at

For more details, please refer to the attached market inquiries letter.

Market inquiries


24/09/2018ACCC commenced review under the Merger Process Guidelines.
10/10/2018Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
13/12/2018Provisional date for announcement of ACCC's decision (as outlined in the Merger Review Process Guidelines, this may be a final decision or release of a Statement of Issues).

Project staff

  • Morgan Woodland
  • Rachel Goldfeld

Contact email