- Manchester Unity Australia Limited
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the relevant markets to be:
- state-based markets for the supply of private health insurance (PHI) to consumers; and
- local, regional or state/territory based markets for the acquisition of services from private hospitals by PHI providers.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered the proposed acquisition unlikely to give rise to a substantial lessening of competition in any relevant market given:
- the relatively small change in market structure arising from the proposed acquisition; and
- the existence of alternative significant suppliers.
|08/09/2008||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|22/09/2008||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|23/09/2008||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|