- The Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (HCF)
- Manchester Unity Australia Limited
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the relevant markets to be:
- state-based markets for the supply of private health insurance (PHI) to consumers; and
- local, regional or state/territory based markets for the acquisition of services from private hospitals by PHI providers.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered the proposed acquisition unlikely to give rise to a substantial lessening of competition in any relevant market given:
- the relatively small change in market structure arising from the proposed acquisition; and
- the existence of alternative significant suppliers.
ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.
Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.