- International All Sports Limited
SummarySportsbet intended to acquire all of the outstanding shares (approximately 80%) in International All Sports that it did not already own.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the competitive effects of the proposed acquisition in the context of:
- a national wagering market; and
- a national sports betting market.
Competition analysisThe ACCC formed the view that the proposed acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in the relevant markets. Factors informing this conclusion included:
- the presence of a number of alternative suppliers of wagering and sports betting services, including other corporate bookmakers and the state based totalisators; and
- the transparency in pricing, and the ability of punters to readily compare odds between the totalisator and bookmakers.
|18/06/2009||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|03/07/2009||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|21/07/2009||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|