- Ostelin brands from Reckitt Benckiser Australia Pty Ltd
SummarySanofi-Aventis Australia Pty Ltd proposed to acquire Ostelin brands from Reckitt Benckiser Australia Pty Ltd.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the competitive effects of the proposed acquisition in the context of:
- the national market for the wholesale supply of calcium supplements; and
- the national market for the wholesale supply of vitamin D supplements.
However, the ACCC recognised that the results of the analysis would have been unchanged, regardless of the market definition adopted.
Competition analysisThe ACCC formed the view that the proposed acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in the relevant markets. Factors informing this conclusion included:
- the merged entity would continue to be constrained by existing and potential competitors;
- barriers to entry and expansion are low; and
- the relevant markets are dynamic.
|03/07/2009||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|10/07/2009||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|13/07/2009||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|