- Assets of Premier Parking (NSW) and Premier Parking (VIC)
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the completed acquisition in the context of the following relevant markets:
- separate local markets based on local government areas for the provision of car parking services to the public; and
- a national market for the provision of car park operator or management services to car park owners.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered that the completed acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in the relevant markets due to:
- the small increase in the market concentration; and
- alternatives in each relevant market would continue to provide an effective competitive constraint on the merged entity.
|22/01/2010||Secure Parking completed the acquisition of certain assets of Premier Parking.|
|25/02/2010||ACCC commenced a public review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines. Market inquiries commenced.|
|12/03/2010||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|23/04/2010||ACCC announced it would not oppose the completed acquisition.|