- Jets Transport Express Pty Ltd
Market definitionFor the purposes of this competition assessment, the ACCC considered the proposed acquisition in the context of:
- the national market for the supply of road haul services for air freight; and
- the national markets for the supply of domestic and international air haul services for air freight.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered the proposed acquisition unlikely to substantially lessen competition in the relevant markets due to:
- there being no overlap between the merger parties in the relevant markets; and
- the existence of viable alternatives to the merged firm in road haul services for air freight which would be available to freight forwarders and other airlines.
|29/04/2008||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|01/05/2008||ACCC requested further information from Qantas. ACCC timeline suspended.|
|09/05/2008||ACCC received further information from Qantas. ACCC timeline recommenced.|
|14/05/2008||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|23/05/2008||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|