- Nuplex Industries (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Huntsman Chemical Company Australia Pty Ltd
SummaryNuplex proposes to acquire the resins manufacturing and composites resale business of Huntsman.
Market definitionFor the purpose of this assessment the ACCC considered the following narrow markets:
- the national market for the manufacture and supply of unsaturated polyester resins;
- the national market for the manufacture and supply of vinyl ester resins; and
- the national market for the manufacture and supply of gelcoats and flowcoats.
The competition assessment in this instance would not change even if a broader product market was adopted.
Competition analysisThe ACCC decided not to oppose the proposed acquisition on the basis that imports would be likely to constrain the merged firm.
ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines. Market inquiries commenced
Closing date for submissions from interested parties
ACCC decided not to oppose the acquisition