- S8 Limited
SummaryMFS Limited and S8 Limited have operations in the tourism accommodation industry.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the following markets in its review of MFS Limited's proposed acquisition of S8 Limited:
- a national market for the provision of management letting services to apartment owners; and
- a Gold Coast market for the provision of accommodation services.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered that MFS Limited would face sufficient competitive constraints post-acquisition and that the proposed acquisition is unlikely to cause a substantial lessening of competition in any of the relevant markets. This conclusion was informed by the following factors:
- moderate barriers to entry and expansion in relevant markets;
- regulatory pricing constraints faced by management letting service providers when providing services to apartment owners; and
- available substitutes in the Gold Coast for the provision of accommodation services.
|11/10/2006||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines. Market inquiries commenced|
|02/11/2006||Closing date for submissions from interested parties|
|15/11/2006||ACCC announced its decision not to oppose the proposed acquisition|