- GS Brodie Pty Limited
SummaryMarie Stopes International acquires GS Brodie Pty Ltd
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the following markets in its review of MSI's acquisition of GS Brodie Pty Limited:
- Camperdown markets for reproductive and sexual health care services; and
- Kingswood markets for reproductive and sexual health care services.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considers that MSI faces sufficient competitive constraints post-acquisition and that the acquisition is unlikely to cause a substantial lessening of competition in any of the relevant markets. This conclusion was informed by the following factors:
- MSI's acquisition of GS Brodie will result in a bare transfer of market share in the Kingswood markets for reproductive and sexual health care services;
- Barriers to entry and expansion are relatively low into the relevant markets;
- There are a number of alternative suppliers to MSI and GS Brodie providing reproductive and sexual health care services in the Camperdown markets.
|22/06/2007||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|29/06/2007||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|06/07/2007||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|