- Marie Stopes International (MSI)
- GS Brodie Pty Limited
SummaryMarie Stopes International acquires GS Brodie Pty Ltd
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the following markets in its review of MSI's acquisition of GS Brodie Pty Limited:
- Camperdown markets for reproductive and sexual health care services; and
- Kingswood markets for reproductive and sexual health care services.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considers that MSI faces sufficient competitive constraints post-acquisition and that the acquisition is unlikely to cause a substantial lessening of competition in any of the relevant markets. This conclusion was informed by the following factors:
- MSI's acquisition of GS Brodie will result in a bare transfer of market share in the Kingswood markets for reproductive and sexual health care services;
- Barriers to entry and expansion are relatively low into the relevant markets;
- There are a number of alternative suppliers to MSI and GS Brodie providing reproductive and sexual health care services in the Camperdown markets.
ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.
Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.