- The Amcor WA stretch flexibles business of Amcor Packaging (Australia) Pty Ltd
SummaryIntegrated Packaging Australia proposes to acquire the business and assets of Amcor Packaging's (Australia) WA stretch film business from Amcor Limited.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the relevant markets to be:
- the national market for the manufacture and supply of industrial stretch film; and
- the national market for the manufacture and supply of agricultural stretch film.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered the proposed acquisition unlikely to substantially lessen competition due to:
- imports of both industrial and agricultural stretch film, which are likely to impose an effective constraint on the merged entity; and
- the countervailing power held by customers in both the markets for industrial stretch film and the market for agricultural stretch film is likely to impose some constraint on the merged entity.
|03/06/2008||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines. Market inquiries commenced.|
|17/06/2008||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|30/06/2008||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|