Gate Gourmet (Holdings) Pty Ltd - proposed acquisition of Inflight Logistic Services Pty Ltd


  • Gate Gourmet (Holdings) Pty Ltd


  • Inflight Logistic Services Pty Ltd


Gate Gourmet (Holdings) Pty Ltd proposal to acquire 51% of Inflight Logistic Services Pty Ltd, with options to purchase the remaining 49% over the next 3 years.

Market definition

The ACCC considered the proposed acquisition in the context of city-based markets for the supply of in-flight catering services.

Competition analysis

The ACCC formed the view that the acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in any of the relevant markets. In particular, the ACCC considered that the merged entity would be constrained by existing and potential new entrants in the market, and the exercise of countervailing power by airlines.


25/07/2008Gate Gourmet (Holdings) Pty Ltd announced the proposed acquisition.
28/07/2008ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.
13/08/2008Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
18/08/2008ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.