- AHL Investments Pty Ltd
SummaryThe Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) proposes to acquire a 33 per cent share in Aussie Home Loans (AHL) Investments Pty Ltd.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the relevant markets to be:
- the national market for home loan products;
- the national market for personal loan products; and
- the national market for credit cards.
Competition analysisThe ACCC formed the view that the acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in the relevant markets. Factors informing this conclusion included:
- the transaction would result in limited aggregation in the relevant markets; and
- the remaining competitors will pose a constraint on the pricing behaviour of the merged firm post acquisition.
|11/09/2008||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|26/09/2008||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|30/09/2008||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|