- Carter Holt Harvey Packaging Pty Ltd's folding carton operations
SummaryColorpak Limited proposes to acquire Carter Holt Harvey's folding carton operations.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the competitive effects of the proposed acquisition in the context of the national market for the manufacture and supply of folding cartons.
Competition analysisThe ACCC concluded that the proposed acquisition was unlikely to result in a substantial lessening of competition in the relevant market. In forming this view the ACCC had regard to the following factors:
- that post acquisition, a number of other substantial suppliers of folding cartons will remain in the relevant market, thereby constraining the merged entity's ability to increase product prices or reduce service quality;
- that Colorpak and Carter Holt Harvey were not each others closest competitors;
- that larger customers of folding cartons were found to have countervailing power; and
- that customer switching costs were not high.
|11/10/2010||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|28/10/2010||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|17/11/2010||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|