- Global Alloys
SummaryCA Group Australasia Pty Ltd (CA Group) proposes to acquire the Global Alloys business from Casting Components & Alloys Pty Ltd.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the proposed acquisition in the context of the following markets:
- a national market for the manufacture and supply of cast non-ferrous metal products; and
- a national market for the manufacture and supply of extruded non-ferrous metal products.
Competition analysisThe ACCC concluded that the proposed acquisition was unlikely to result in a substantial lessening of competition in the relevant markets. In forming this view the ACCC considered that the following factors were likely to constrain the merged entity:
- the continued presence of a number of competitors;
- sufficiently low barriers to entry and expansion, which would enable some competitors to modify their manufacturing activities to compete with the merged entity; and
- the availability of imports for some customers.
|23/12/2010||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|21/01/2011||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|11/02/2011||ACCC announced it would not oppose the proposed acquisition.|