- Allans Music Group
- Australian Music Group
SummaryAllans Music Groups and Australian Music Group have merged their businesses.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the completed merger within the context of:
- a national market for the wholesale supply of musical instruments and accessories; and
- metropolitan and regional markets for the retail supply of musical instruments and accessories.
For the purposes of the competition analysis, the ACCC did not consider it necessary to form a definitive view regarding market definition.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered that the completed merger was unlikely to result in a substantial lessening of competition in the relevant markets. Factors informing this conclusion included:
- the merged entity would have a relatively small market share at both the retail and wholesale level, although would be the largest retailer in the industry post-merger;
- the merged entity would continue to face competition from a number of competitors at both the retail and wholesale level; and
- the absence of competitive overlap between the parties with regard to the wholesale supply of musical instruments and accessories.
ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.
Closing date for submissions from interested parties.
ACCC announced it would not oppose the completed merger.