- Australian Music Group
SummaryAllans Music Groups and Australian Music Group have merged their businesses.
Market definitionThe ACCC considered the completed merger within the context of:
- a national market for the wholesale supply of musical instruments and accessories; and
- metropolitan and regional markets for the retail supply of musical instruments and accessories.
For the purposes of the competition analysis, the ACCC did not consider it necessary to form a definitive view regarding market definition.
Competition analysisThe ACCC considered that the completed merger was unlikely to result in a substantial lessening of competition in the relevant markets. Factors informing this conclusion included:
- the merged entity would have a relatively small market share at both the retail and wholesale level, although would be the largest retailer in the industry post-merger;
- the merged entity would continue to face competition from a number of competitors at both the retail and wholesale level; and
- the absence of competitive overlap between the parties with regard to the wholesale supply of musical instruments and accessories.
|16/09/2010||ACCC commenced review under the Merger Review Process Guidelines.|
|04/10/2010||Closing date for submissions from interested parties.|
|23/11/2010||ACCC announced it would not oppose the completed merger.|