- Grey Global Group
SummaryProposed merger between WPP Group plc and Grey Global Group Inc
Market definitionThe relevant markets were considered to be:
1. The national market for marketing communications services including advertising agency and related services; and
2. The national market for media buying services.
Competition analysisThe ACCC decided not to oppose the merger between WPP Group plc and Grey Global Group Inc on the grounds that:
1. Market concentration levels are not likely to exceed the Commission's thresholds;
2. Barriers to entry to the markets appear to be low;
3. The merged entity will be constrained from raising prices by the countervailing and bargaining power which advertisers and media companies possess; and
4. The market is characterised by strong competition between agencies, including agencies owned by a single parent group.
Imports above 10%